Thursday, October 30, 2008

Catching Up - Hudson

I've fallen behind on my blogs the last few weeks though I'm not sure how many are following this anyway. Raced a new venue in Hudson, WI a couple weeks ago. Caryn's parents were in town so that was nice. A different course consisting of a lot of turns strung out over a large, flat grassy area. The county shut down access to the adjacent woody area so they had to be creative with what they had. I had a terrible start which was not good for this course as passing was very limited. I sprinted as hard as I could the first couple of laps to try to catch some groups with limited success. I also learned that I need to spend some time working on my 180 degree turns as I ride the brakes too much, but that's all part of 'cross.

I downloaded the GPS file from the race. As you can see, lots of turns. We didn't actually go over the buildings as this suggests...I think there's a projection issue between my GPS and google earth.

This is a download of my speed and heart rate (in red) from the race. It's definitely an anaerobic workout!

My training regiment is a bit different from a couple of years ago. It includes weekly rides with my cycling partner. He doesn't seem to help much on the hills but enjoys the rides. We don't ride together much this time of year because of the early sunset.

No comments: